In this country, I’ve learned:
- to adjust to the different races (indians, emiratis, jordanians, pakistanis, egyptians, lebanese, sudanese, etc.).
- that indians like to stick together.
- that body odor is a common smell of the people here and that taking a bath is not that common (i refuse to belong to this category).
- filipinos are filipinos no matter where they go.
- to be friends with the indians.
- to be cautious of my own kind (they’re the worst enemies you can have).
- to filter out who’s my real friend and who’s just pretending to be.
- to view everything in a positive way.
- to understand why my superiors are acting the way they are.
- to become more independent.
- that homesickness is the hardest feeling an OFW can ever feel.
- that you have to depend on yourself in order to survive.
- to fight injustices and unfair treatments.
- to embrace diversity.
…and the list goes on.